Episode 45 - These Three Amazing Books Could Change Your Life TooMar 02, 2022
I recently wrote this quote:
“Sometimes you don't know where a decision is going to take but you make it anyway”
Then I posted it to my stories on instagram without even thinking about the impact it would have on people who read it.
I had just made a serious life-changing decision and I was still in the moment of actually processing what I’d just done.
This decision got me thinking about my journey into self development, healing and self discovery and brought up all types of emotions.
But it also jogged my memory of all the books I’ve read that have led me on this entrepreneurial journey and why I keep on going back to ensure that I look after myself.
Curious to know what they were? You’re in the right place!
In this episode, I share with you the three incredible books that really changed my life and set me on my way to become a business owner.
No exaggeration- these same books helped me make key decisions in my life and I’m hoping you will take the time to reflect on how they can help you change yours too!
[links below 👇🏾]
- “I was so intrigued by that title that I picked it up instantly. Now I cannot remember if it was recommended to me, but I recall where I was when I got that book. I remember where I was living, what job I was doing and why I read it. I wanted to change my life and that’s what it did. It was a catalyse to the person that I am now, 20 years later”
- “I remember having a couple of sessions with her once I had read the book and it was all about healing trauma. It was all about talking to your inner child and really letting her know that it was okay. And again, that I hadn't realised that I had been holding on to trauma.”
- “I answered to her by saying that I would thank her for being so courageous, because when I look back, I was exactly that. I didn't have the fears and all the responsibility Eleshia wanted to do.”
About the show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 44 countries and over 525 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!
Connect with Eleshia and the community today
Other resources mentioned
- Be Your Own Life Coach: How to Take Control of Your Life and Achieve Your Wildest Dreams by Fiona Harrold
- The Journey: A Practical Guide to Healing Your life and Setting Yourself Free by Brandon Bays
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
Jenna and I on the Gold Digger podcast
When Jenna told me the date my episode was going to air, I shrieked and got to work to implement the podcast strategies she shared.