Episode 51 - Declutter to Boost Your Productivity with Robyn ReynoldsApr 13, 2022
“The first step in crafting the life you want is to get rid of everything you don't."
Have you ever sat down at your desk, ready to conquer the world and unleash your business ideas, only to get distracted?
There’s that big pile of laundry that needs doing, you can’t find those super important documents or you simply can’t get your brain to focus. Before you know it, hours have ticked by and you STILL haven’t got everything done on your ‘to do’ list…
Know what the most simple solution is? Decluttering!
As this week’s podcast guest, Robyn Reynolds says, even if we’re not thinking about all the clutter, it’s still weighing on you because you know that it’s there. If you want to become your most productive, effective self, reach your goals and grow your business, you need to take a deep breath and start the decluttering process.
Robyn Reynolds (aka ‘the diva declutterer’) is a certified professional organiser, female entrepreneur and owner of the fantastic brand, Organise 2 Harmonize. She’s a busy woman just like you and understands what it’s like to feel stressed out about juggling everything.
Listen to this episode to discover:
- How clutter affects your productivity
- The eye-opening power of vision boards
- Why decluttering doesn’t mean you’ll erase memories of those you love
- How a scarcity mindset impacts your productivity
- What a ‘Grab and Go Box’ is and why you should get one
- How you can use ‘zoning’ to simplify your space
And much more!
- “A cluttered space then clutters your mind. If your mind is cluttered, it limits your productivity. You need to have a space that doesn’t have things that are all over the place because it is going to affect what’s in your head.”- Robyn
- “Everybody's brain is wired differently and we all have our own strengths. This (decluttering) happens to be mine and, for other people, it's other things. So don't beat yourself up over it. If you can't do it, just know that you can get help.” - Robyn
- “It's about the clutter being that bad energy. And the thing for people, especially when it comes to somebody that has passed away is there's an irrational fear that letting go of the thing, let's go of the person. But we all know that's ridiculous. Even if your house burned down tomorrow, are you going to forget about the people that live there? No.” - Robyn
- “I always tell my clients to have what I call a ‘Grab and Go Box’ so that you have those essentials in case you need to evacuate. So keep in there things like birth certificates, death certificates, marriage degrees, divorce, decrees, social security cards, passports…anything that’s a pain in the butt to replace.”- Robyn
More about Robyn:
Robyn Reynolds was bound to be a professional organizer, eventually furthering her status by becoming a certified professional organizer. Organizing was something she has always done but for fun. It gives her great joy to organize and re-organize things in her home. She is a member of National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals (NAPO) and launched her business. This was way back in 2008. And here we are today, many years later, having helped hundreds of families.
As an entrepreneur, Robyn, has grown Organize2Harmonize from one woman taking on residential projects to managing multiple projects with teams simultaneous across the Greater Los Angeles Area. She has earned the respect of celebrities as a true professional and continues to build and expand her business.
When Robyn is not organizing and harmonizing her clients, she is spending time with her teen daughter, whom she treasures, and leads a healthy lifestyle.
Connect with Robyn Reynolds
About the show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 41 countries and over 420 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!
Connect with Eleshia and the community today