Episode 57 - Why Financial Planning is Vital For Women with Magdala AdelekeMay 18, 2022
Money. It’s one of those taboo subjects that many of us women don’t like to discuss.
We grow up with so many negative associations with it that, although we’d love not to think about it, we can’t help feeling pulled in two different directions.
All our lives, we’re told stuff like money doesn’t grow on trees. Or that we have to work hard for it. Or that rich people are bad, selfish, and arrogant.
These negative thoughts and feelings about money stand in our way if we want to enjoy any kind of financial freedom.
Because money is simply a tool that can help us live the kind of lives that we dream of.
I’m not talking about buying that big house, driving a fancy car, living a jet-set lifestyle, or wearing designer clothes (unless that’s also what you want!).
It’s about enjoying abundance.
Giving yourself the freedom to live your life on your terms. To follow your passion projects, love and provide for your family and follow your true calling with joy and happiness.
In this week’s episode of the podcast, we tackle this tricky topic. We sit down with Certified Financial Therapist I™ and owner of Financial TheraPeace LLC, Magdala Adeleke to discuss how we can process our complex emotions around money and uncover the root of their financial behaviors in order to transform their relationship with money and build sustainable wealth for generations.
Listen to this episode to discover:
- Why we have such complex relationships with money
- Female empowerment and why money plays a key role
- What are the three pillars of financial wisdom
- The importance of reviewing those life insurance policies
- Why we don’t have to work hard or suffer to reach financial freedom
- How thinking about money impacts the rest of your life
And much more!
- “I love talking about money and especially to women because financial empowerment for women is my passion. I think we could all be financially secure. We can have freedom and we could have peace with our money. We just need to take the steps to make it happen.” - Magdala
- “I have people understand the emotions around money, the driving factors behind their financial behaviours so that they understand themselves better. They know what's going on underneath. They understand their money stories based on their past experiences so that they can break free from the cycles that are preventing them from achieving their financial goals.” -Magdala
- “Money in itself is not good or bad. Most of us learn just from experiences and from hearing the conversations about money; that money is bad, money doesn't grow on the streets, rich people may be greedy or evil, or they got rich because they took advantage of the poor.”- Magdala
- “You don't need a lot of money. You just need to be in control. You just need to have a plan for it, and you need to manage your emotions to have peace.”- Magdala
Other resources mentioned
- Free Download: “One Week to Financial Freedom”
More about Magdala:
Magdala Adeleke is a Certified Financial Therapist I ™ and owner of Financial TheraPeace LLC, a holistic financial coaching company. She is a former banker and financial management professional with an educational background in psychology.
Magdala now incorporates therapeutic tools into financial planning to help her clients process their complex emotions around money and uncover the root of their financial behaviors in order to transform their relationship with money and build sustainable wealth for generations. Her mission is to empower women and couples to achieve a positive relationship with money, achieve financial freedom, and have purposeful lives. She loves traveling, philanthropy, and personal growth.
Connect with Magdala Adeleke
About the show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 45 countries and over 600 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!
Connect with Eleshia and the community today
Jenna and I on the Gold Digger podcast
When Jenna told me the date my episode was going to air, I shrieked and got to work to implement the podcast strategies she shared.