Episode 61 - A Message To My MumJun 15, 2022
When we are kids, we tend to believe that we’re invincible, especially if we had a relatively happy childhood.
We think that nothing bad will ever happen to us, that life is one big adventure and that those who we love will always be there for us.
But unfortunately, life doesn’t work that way.
I enjoyed a wonderful childhood, spoilt by the love of a beautiful woman who sacrificed so much to be there for me and my brothers. She was young and alone, but never let that affect us as we were growing up. She gave us everything she could, heart and soul whilst encouraging us to believe in ourselves and chase our dreams.
Then a few years ago, my life crumbled when she was diagnosed with cancer, battled fiercely and eventually passed away.
Over the years, I’ve struggled with my grief, feeling broken and empty because I missed her so very much. Both her birthday and the anniversary of her death were especially hard so I retreated into my shell and did what I could to survive somehow.
But this year, I decided to do something different and record a very special podcast episode- a message for my mum. I open my heart and share everything I’m grateful for, everything I regret and encourage you to do the same.
Make sure you don’t miss this emotional episode if you too have struggled with grief or loss, whether that’s losing someone to cancer, the break up of a relationship, financial difficulties or anything else.
Listen to this episode to discover:
- Why we must express gratitude for what we have loved
- How to let go of regrets or avoid them completely
- The memories of my mum that I cherish the most
- Why we can never truly let go of our grief
- How our cheerleaders can give us strength to realise our dreams
And much more!
- “If I can share with you how thankful I am for her and help you eliminate your regrets, then I know I’ve served you in some capacity.”
- “My mum was one of my biggest cheerleaders. When she wasn't around, I had to seek that from other people. I didn't realise this until a few years ago when I had business coaching- it really unravelled so much more. I hadn't realised how much I was still grieving.”
- “Thank you for giving me independence, sheltering me from the noise and giving me the guidance to know that I could chase my dreams and my career and that I didn't have to listen to anybody.”
- “If there's something that you're holding on to, if there's any resentment, if there's somebody that you need to speak to, grab yourself a piece of paper and write them a letter even if you don’t send it. Just get it out of your head so that you can move forward.”
Other resources mentioned
About the show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 46 countries and over 600 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!
Connect with Eleshia and the community today