Episode 63 - Why Life is Too Short to Put Yourself LastJul 06, 2022
“It is so liberating to really know what I want, what truly makes me happy, what I will not tolerate. I have learned that it is no one else's job to take care of me but me." Beyonce Knowles
When we know what makes us happy, we can move forward with our personal goals and ambitions and start living a rich and fulfilling life.
But all too often, our circumstances get in the way.
We find ourselves struggling with grief. Or trapped in difficult relationships. Or even working our butts off in 9-5 jobs that don’t bring us any kind of fulfillment. Or simply putting other people’s needs before our own and wondering why we never feel happy.
Instead of pushing forward, we put our own dreams on the backburner until we feel that we have the ‘space’ to make them happen.
As I’ve learned over the years, this never ever works.
All too often, we end up missing out on the opportunities that are all around us or even ending our lives thinking, ‘what if??’
Over the past few weeks, I’ve faced the anniversary of my mother's death and my miscarriage, my husband’s grandmother has passed away and one of my closest friends also cruelly lost her mother.
It’s been a tough time. But it’s reminded me that life really is too short to put our own needs last. We need to take time out, consider what we really, truly need then take the brave step to make it happen.
In this solo episode of the podcast, I’ll be explaining exactly how you can do this, plus sharing some personal stories about why you should make this happen TODAY before it’s too late.
Listen to this episode to discover:
- How to find gratitude, even when you’re dealing with loss
- Why it’s so vital that you put yourself first
- The real reasons why you should step back and review your life
- What to consider if you want to thrive and live life to the max!
- Exciting news from me that could help you create the life you want
I’ll also be getting vulnerable explaining the struggles I’ve faced over the last few weeks with grief and loss.
And much more!
- “What have you been putting off and why? Take a moment to think about that question and maybe even press pause and actually write it out. Then take a long hard look at why.”
- “You have to be that first investment. You have to make sure that you can take the time to think about how you can make these dreams and desires reality.”
- “I want you to be thinking about the things that you can be doing to ensure that you’re looking after yourself, especially if you’re in a place of grief. You may not be grieving someone but something. Regardless, I want to remind you that you always have to come first.”
- “I see so many people that are unhappy at the moment and grieving something. It definitely brings out the worst in people sometimes. So again, I want you to consider what it is you really want out of your relationships as well.”
Other resources mentioned
- Work one-on-one with me
- Harness The Female Cycle & Enhance Your Business Growth (online course)
- Covn Collective
About the show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 46 countries and over 600 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!
Connect with Eleshia and the community today: