Episode 67 - 8 Ways I'm Redefining My Boundaries Over The Summer HolidaysAug 03, 2022
Do you ever get sick of the way you get treated? You feel hurt or violated by the way you’ve been treated, overwhelmed by the multiple pressures on your shoulders, or feel like you’re expected to say ‘yes’ to everything.
If you’re nodding your head, it’s time to redefine your personal boundaries.
Boundaries empower us and keep us safe. They ensure that people treat you the way you want to be treated and that you can live life exactly how you want to, instead of feeling like you have no choice but to deal with everything going on in your life.
Most importantly, they release us from stress, give us a much-welcomed breather and help us become the masters of our own ships.
After the emotional rollercoaster of the last few weeks, I realised that I need to do exactly that. I knew it was going to require bravery but by doing so, I could ensure that I was OK.
In this episode of the podcast, I want to share with you what I’ve decided to do to redefine my boundaries (and why I’ve come to this point.) As a confirmed people-pleaser, this isn’t always easy but it has already made a big difference to my stress levels and focus on my business and the future.
Listen to this episode to discover:
- Why I definitely won’t be bringing my daughter into work anytime soon!
- How making hard choices can help us spark more joy and live our lives to the full
- The secret trick to stop people disrespecting you all the time
- Why we’re all Kings and Queens (and how we can make the most of it)
- How you can find the time to rest, even if it’s just five minutes per day
And much more! Listen below
- “I've spoken about having good boundaries previously and the fact that I am a people pleaser. So even when it came to this little person, I really just wanted to let it go. But at the same time, I also recognize that she needs to understand that there are boundaries in place and consequences for the behaviour that she was keeping up yesterday.”
- “I'm going to remember that I am the CEO of my life and my business so I can change whatever I do on a day-to-day basis.”
- “The oasis that I'm trying to build was completely wrecked. And yes, I know I'm fortunate enough to be able to say that. But equally, I'm gonna be putting things in place to ensure that I still spend time with her but she just cannot come to my place of work at the moment.”
- “Stop pressing the ‘I'm not going to listen to myself’ button.”
About the show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 47 countries and over 600 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!
Connect with Eleshia and the community today
Jenna and I on the Gold Digger podcast
When Jenna told me the date my episode was going to air, I shrieked and got to work to implement the podcast strategies she shared.