Episode 72 - Why We NEED to Give Ourselves Grace with Mairi TaylorSep 14, 2022
We’ve all been there. We’ve all found ourselves being pulled in all directions and placed under incredible amounts of pressure from work, our personal lives, financial problems, grief and so on.
If you’re anything like Mairi and I used to be, you probably tell yourself to stop being so weak, pull yourself together and push on through.
Those so-called empowering messages we often see online and the culture we live in means that we believe that if we want to make it in business or life, this is our only option.
But when we do this, we’re doing ourselves a huge disservice. 😢
We’re leaving ourselves vulnerable to stress, overwhelm and burnout. We can’t give our best at work, in our businesses or to our family and friends. Worst of all, we can’t ensure that we’re taking care of ourselves so we can shine brightly in the world.
There’s another option. 🥳
If we can honour what it means to be a woman, tune in to our female cycles and get strategic when it comes to how we arrange our schedule, we can make magic happen.
In this week’s episode of the podcast, I sit down with previous podcast guest and great friend, Mairi Taylor to chat about how this knowledge has changed our lives and how you can do the same.
Listen to this episode to discover:
- How learning about honouring my female cycle transformed my life (and Mairi’s too)
- What happened when I tried to push through my stress and overwhelm
- The truth about why I kept postponing the “Grow Your Business” online course
- Exactly what we need to focus on to beat overwhelm
- Why life gets so much easier when you focus more on when you do certain tasks, not how or why
And much more! Listen below 👇
- “My diary would be blocked out back to back to back to back to meetings. No time for lunches, no time for toilet breaks, no time to actually do the work that needs to be done. I would do the work when I got home or on a Saturday or a Sunday. Then I got to a place where I was like, well, actually, no, that's not productive for me or the business. They’re not getting the best out of me.” Eleshia Harris
- “I’m actually a much quieter person and energetically, I need to be invited to share and I was constantly pushing myself out there. Now I understand that, when I needed to recuperate after a big event, it wasn’t about weakness.” Mairi Taylor
- “I wouldn't have done that four or five years ago. I would've just pushed through, but now it just makes me recognize that I've evolved. I want to be that person who really practices what they preach.” Eleshia Harris
- “I used to operate in the masculine…Keep running, don't show your emotions. Do, do, do hustle, hustle, hustle, push through. I was like, “don't be so pathetic, big girl's pants on, smash it” all of that language that you used to see around. Honouring being in flow, being present and nurturing has changed everything.” Mairi Taylor
Other resources mentioned
Mairi Taylor is an educated Home Economist, ex-HR Manager, retired fitness professional, Menopause Rockstar, Women’s Wellbeing Guide, juice therapist, cacao medicine carrier, aromatherapist, and essential oil enthusiast.
She works with women to empower them to rewrite their menopause story and come home to themselves - by honouring, loving and fully accepting the woman they are now.
Connect with Mairi Taylor
About the show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 50 countries and over 730 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!
Connect with Eleshia and the community today