Episode 80 - Why You Need to Explore Your Relationship With Alcohol with Krysty KrywkoNov 16, 2022
When you’ve had a long, hard day juggling all the demands and responsibilities of your life, what do you do to relax?
Do you collapse onto the sofa, breathe a huge sigh of relief and pour yourself a ‘well-deserved’ glass of wine? Or perhaps one glass turns into several and before you know it, you’ve drained the bottle completely.
Maybe you’re just the type of person who loves to enjoy a drink or two with friends or family. But soon find that you’ve had too much and struggle with a hangover or brain fog for days afterwards.
If so, this week’s episode of the podcast with sobriety coach, advocate, and a mixed media artist, Krysty Krywko is exactly for you.
Even if you’re not out drinking binge drinking in the clubs or don’t consider yourself an alcoholic, you may have fallen prey to our ‘wine o’clock’ culture and find yourself relying on alcohol far more than you should.
You might drink to unwind, cope with difficult emotions, help you deal with stress or overwhelm or simply feel lonely or bored. I know I certainly did after my mum passed away.
But if we continue along this slippery slope, we could find ourselves in trouble.
Besides the fact that it makes us look older and more tired, our immune systems struggle, our energy levels, and motivation decline, our risk of serious health conditions and even premature death increase, and, of course, our bank balances also suffer.
It doesn’t have to be this way. If we give ourselves permission to break free of societal pressures, prioritise our wellness and acknowledge, accept and work through our difficult emotions, we can break free.
Listen to this episode to discover:
- Why we carry so much emotional baggage when it comes to our relationship with alcohol
- How to recognise the warning signs when it comes to your drinking habits (and what to do!)
- Our shifting identities as women and how we often use alcohol to ‘fill the void’
- How to use Krysty’s unique creative process of sketchbooking to process your emotions and replace your ‘essential’ daily glass of wine
- How peer pressure, society and culture influence our drinking habits and often lead us to neglect our health and wellbeing
And much more! Listen below 👇
- “You are allowed to decide what you want to put in your body and what you don't want to put in your body. It doesn't matter what your friends say. Doesn't matter what society says, what the culture is like. You can make those decisions.”- Krysty
- “There's so much intertwined when it comes to mental health and alcohol, so much, so much. I'm not a huge drinker. But I always know when I’m relying on drink. I always recognize that I'm a little bit more stressed and I'm trying to take the edge off.” - Eleshia
- “I feel like if I told a friend, ‘Hey, I'm going to give up sugar for 30 days or give up crystal meth for 30 days’, people would say, “Great, good for you! How can I help and support you?’ But if you say ‘I’m going to give up alcohol’, it's like, ‘Ooh, you don't have a problem. What do you mean? You're not going to be any fun anymore.’ It's fascinating just to sit and observe those reactions…I don't know why alcohol is a substance that people are so concerned about.- Krysty
- “Every time I think about [quitting alcohol], I always think about the social aspects, what friends and family are going to say, and if I’m going to be poo-pooed, you know? That's not my resistance, right? Somebody else is putting their opinion on me.” - Eleshia
- “It became like a bandaid to hold everything together- all the things I had to do, like with my kids and with myself and getting my career going and going through a divorce, or that thing I deserved, or that ‘treat’ I’d have the end of the day.” - Krysty
Krysty helps women explore their relationship with alcohol in a safe and non-judgmental space. She uses a process called "Sketchbooking" that allows her clients a space where they can begin to trust themselves again, and it becomes a new coping mechanism in their lives.
Connect with Krysty Krywko
- What If? A 30 Day Exploration of Your Relationship with Alcohol Guide
- Purple Dog Sober website
Shift your mindset and grow your business with me
⭐ Get access to the free 3-part video series ‘How to Beat Overwhelm’ here
⭐ Schedule a FREE 30-minute chat with me here.
⭐ Sign up for my Simplify Your Business Goals to get more productive, efficient and focused than you ever thought possible here.
⭐ Join The Eleshia Show Podcast Chats here
About the show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 51 countries and over 750 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!