Episode 81 - How I Reclaimed My Health When Nothing Else Was WorkingNov 23, 2022
Have you ever noticed how, when life feels hectic and stressful, something always seems to happen to make matters worse?
You were doing so well, taking care of yourself by eating well, trying to get enough sleep and taking some downtime.
And you DID feel like you were managing all the madness happening.
But then, out of the blue, you get sick.
Perhaps you get such a stinking cold that you can barely move for days. Or your stomach suddenly becomes ultra-sensitive and it feels that everything you eat leaves you feeling uncomfortable, bloated or even having digestive issues.
Or you’re sooo tired that getting out of bed seems like the most insurmountable mountain to climb.
It seems unfair, doesn’t it? You have so much going on and then THIS?!?!?!
But it’s hardly surprising because there’s a strong connection between our mental and physical health. When you feel stressed or overwhelmed by anything in your life, your immune system takes a knock, your body falls out of balance and yes, more often than not, you get sick.
In this episode of the podcast, I’m going to open up about this taboo topic and share the truth about what happened to me when I became ill a few weeks ago and nothing seemed to work, then how I reclaimed my health.
This is a topic that we often don’t talk about as female entrepreneurs and business owners despite how important it is. Don’t miss this eye-opening episode!
Listen to this episode to discover:
- Why I felt like a TOTAL fraud when it came to self-care 😭(and what I did about it!)
- The tried-and-tested tricks 🍆🍅🥕 I used to uncover what was REALLY going on with my health
- What happened when I ignored my intuition, despite knowing better (hint- it wasn’t good)
- How YOU can ensure you’re protecting your health whilst still running a highly successful business
- Why reviewing your relationship with stress and grief can prove to be key to happiness and success 😁
And much more! Listen below 👇
- “I felt like a complete fraud because I couldn't use the things that I usually go to in my toolbox. My body was in turmoil and felt so inflamed that any essential oils that I used or food that I ate was just making it worse. I literally felt like I was trapped and that my body was failing me.”
- “If I'm not well, my business won't run. I don’t generate money. I am not at that stage where my business runs without me -a lot of the work that I do is on a one-on-one basis or on a group coaching basis. So I need to be well and fit, so, because I knew how important it was, I had to take a step back.”
- “When I work with clients, I make 100% sure that one of the things that they do is audit their systems, operations and foundational pieces to ensure that they have some things in place just in case. Because we never know what’s around the corner.”
- “I'm also recognizing that my body didn't fail me and my toolkit didn't fail me. My body just needed to release what it needed to release. As soon as I recognised that, as soon as I stopped stressing about the rash, got very quiet and started to listen to my own intuition again. It started to get better.
Shift your mindset and grow your business with me
⭐ Get access to the free 3-part video series ‘How to Beat Overwhelm’ here
⭐ Schedule a FREE 30-minute chat with me here.
⭐ Sign up for my Simplify Your Business Goals to get more productive, efficient and focused than you ever thought possible here.
⭐ Join The Eleshia Show Podcast Chats here
About the show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 51 countries and over 750 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!