Episode 82 - How to Manage Your Energy + Boundaries to Avoid Burnout with Rachel Carey-McElwaneyDec 07, 2022
Do you ever feel too drained at the end of your day to take care of yourself and enjoy the life that you just worked to be able to afford?
You simply have no energy left to go out and socialise with your friends, go to that yoga class or do anything else for yourself.
Besides, there’s so much to do when you’re a female entrepreneur!
You have goals to achieve, opportunities to chase, and all those projects you need to tick off your list. That’s not even mentioning any other responsibilities you have outside of your career and your business!!
You’re determined to be the best that you possibly can so you find yourself working too hard, saying ‘yes’ to projects that don’t light you up, and then wonder why you feel so unhappy, unfulfilled, stressed, or even totally burnt out.
But as this week’s podcast guest, Rachel Carey-McElwaney says, if you can become more intentional about the life you’re living, start focusing on what boosts your energy, find balance, set boundaries and take care of yourself, you can start living your most fulfilled life.
She’s a Certified Leadership Coach, HR Expert, and owner of Emerging Lotus Coaching, and knows first-hand exactly what burnout can feel like.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, lack focus, or want to start enjoying your life make sure you listen to this episode.
Listen to this episode to discover:
- Why female entrepreneurs end up burning out all too often (yep- despite the fact they are their own bosses!)
- The importance of balancing your energy levels and spending time doing things you love ♥
- What really happened when Rachel hit burnout and what she did to recover
- The power of shifting our mindset (heads up- it can help us boost our energy levels and start living our lives to the full!)
And much more! Listen below 👇
- “I had a major anxiety meltdown when a project was just not going my way. I was doing and pushing and giving, pushing all my personal stuff aside so I could make space for this project. But nothing was making it work. it was beyond my control. I remember being flat on the desk, my face down, arms spread out and just thinking, ‘Oh, that’s it. I need help’” - Rachel
- “We don't have anybody to answer to so we often go 100% in and then end up quickly burning ourselves out.” - Eleshia
- “It really boils down to how are we using our energy, are we aware of those tasks that drain us? Are we e keeping those in balance with the ones that boost us and honouring ourselves?”- Rachel
- “People don't recognize the patterns and then they jump from one opportunity to the next opportunity… to the next and next and next. And then wonder why they're not happy or why they don't feel fulfilled.”- Eleshia
Other resources mentioned
About Rachel Carey-McElwaney
Rachel has a background as a senior-level HR professional, a Mindfulness teacher, and a Reiki Master, and an ICF-certified coach. She specializes in Energy Leadership Coaching, Career Strategy, and Mindfulness Practice teaching with an emphasis on living intentionally.
She teaches entrepreneurs about how their energy impacts all of these demands on them, and how to utilize this knowledge to problem solve, lead productivity, and enhance communications to navigate or reduce conflict with their teams. She is passionate about helping leaders discover their signature leadership approach, meet the demands of today’s result-oriented environment, and maintain energetic balance.
Connect with Rachel Carey-McElwaney
About the show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 51 countries and over 770 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!
Shift your mindset and grow your business with me
⭐ Get access to the free 3-part video series ‘How to Beat Overwhelm’ here
⭐ Schedule a FREE 30-minute chat with me here.
⭐ Sign up for my Simplify Your Business Goals to get more productive, efficient and focused than you ever thought possible here.
⭐ Join The Eleshia Show Podcast Chats here