Episode 104: Entrepreneurship and Healing: Balancing Business Growth and Personal LossJun 14, 2023
The anniversary of my mother's passing and the painful memory of my miscarriage always brings up a whirlwind of emotions for me, especially considering that these events occurred within the same month. Last year, I faced the devastating loss of two incredible women within just two weeks, leaving me grappling with grief while simultaneously building a business and caring for my family
In this heartfelt episode, I reflect on the importance of self-care and the value of a supportive network of friends, family and fellow entrepreneurs.
Join me as I share my experiences, discuss setting achievable goals for my business, and incorporating daily nurturing practices to ensure my own well-being doesn't suffer. Even if it's just a few minutes a day, I encourage you to take time for yourself.
Listen to this episode to discover:
- How hearing stories at my great-great-aunt's funeral contributed to my personal growth journey.
- The significance of listening to my intuition and recognizing the signs from the universe, which prevented me from feeling stuck.
- The importance of sharing my grieving journey, even when it feels uncomfortable, to help others.
- Why this year feels like a time for celebration rather than mourning.
And so much more.
If you found this episode meaningful and would like to receive further insights and updates, sign up for my newsletter! I send out a weekly newsletter every Sunday, filled with inspiration, self-care tips, and personal anecdotes. Don't miss out on the chance to prioritize your well-being. Sign up today by visiting www.eleshialifestyle.com and join our supportive community.
Thank you for listening, and remember to take time for yourself—because you deserve it.
I need to make sure that I'm okay in order for me to be there for my friend and also for my husband [08:31]
- I am now a seasoned person in this grieving journey, and I am here to tell you that if you just distract yourself and you do not take the time to prioritize your health, for your mental health, your emotional, your physical wellbeing, You are going to burn out and your body is going to shut down. [09.51]
- I want to really take the time to know that if I wake up one morning and I'm like, this is not going to be a productive day for me, then I can take the day off. [14.20]
About the show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 51 countries and over 750 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!
Shift your mindset and grow your business with me
⭐ Get access to the free 3-part video series ‘How to Beat Overwhelm’ here
⭐ Schedule a FREE 30-minute chat with me here.
⭐ Get your hands on my amazing Digital Planner here.
⭐ Sign up for my Simplify Your Business Goals to get more productive, efficient and focused than you ever thought possible here.