Episode 2 - Why It’s Important To Be In The Right Relationship With Grief | Uma GirishApr 27, 2021
"My definition of living a meaningful life is waking up every morning focused on what I'm here to create, how I can help somebody, and live my life on purpose.”
- Uma Girish -
Losing someone or something that matters to us is very painful. We experience a storm of emotions that only we can understand. We heal and cope in different ways. You can try to hide your pain, deny or push your grief away but when you don’t face it head-on, it will rear its ugly head and find a way to come to you.
We are all so busy chasing different things. Money, fame, luxuries and the finer things life brings that we often forget that we can’t take these things with us when we’re gone. Instead, we must focus on building our legacy by reflecting on what truly matters to us.
In this episode, we invited Uma Girish to share with us her experiences and her transformational journey on how she overcame her loss and the lessons she learned on the importance of having the right relationship with grief.
She also shares the period of the apprenticeship of her soul, different coping mechanisms, we talked about different types of grief, primary loss and secondary losses, understanding the pain of others, and finding the real meaning and purpose of your life.
Remember that everyone’s journey is different. You’re allowed to mourn your loss in every way. It's okay to fall apart, you don't have to be so strong all the time. But don’t forget that there’s always sunshine after the storm. Time and acceptance can heal you and your soul.
- Loss is what connects us. No matter what our differences are, all of these fall away when we experience a heartbreaking loss because then we begin to speak the language of grief that all of humanity knows how to speak.
- Anything that causes us pain makes us avoid it because we are hardwired to feel pleasure.
- Everyone has the capacity or the ability to sit with us in the fire of loss, either they will leave because they can't take the heat.
- What we leave behind is the love that we create and this is what truly matters.
- The only thing you can do is transform your pain into purpose.
- Pain is the biggest transformational portal into purpose.
- When your intention is clear and you come from a loving place of service, the universe will guide you every step of the way.
- As you're moving through this loss, all you need to do is be completely and radically be kind to yourself.
- We don't make a habit of celebrating what we've accomplished. We are always looking at how much further we have to go.
- We are all here for a purpose, and this life is not random.
- Grief is our biggest teacher because it won't let you not feel it.
- A loss is a transformation, it changes you.
- Every loss brings a series of secondary losses as we lose our ability to navigate life.
- We come into this world with nothing and we leave with nothing.
- I truly believe that you go through certain experiences because you're meant to grow through them.
About the Guest:
Uma Girish is a Spiritual Mentor for women who have experienced loss but know there’s a deeper purpose to their lives. She guides them on the journey of transforming their pain into purpose so they can heal and help heal the world through their gifts.
Connect with Uma:
About the Show:
The Eleshia Show is a podcast to help female business owners feel empowered to put their well-being first whilst building their businesses. We’ll be bringing you conversations with guests and sometimes just solo episodes. We’ll be discussing strategies, sharing stories, experiences, expertise, insights, and everything in between to enhance your wellbeing and to build your business while still trying to navigate real life. The host Eleshia Harris will share her decades of project management and wellness coaching experience to help you to start saying yes without procrastinating.
Click HERE for the SHOW TRANSCRIPT.