Episode 52 - Learn the Power of Planning with Alegre RamosApr 20, 2022
“One productivity expert says that for every minute you spend planning, you save 10 minutes in execution. That's a 1000% return, right? If you could get that in the stock market or in any other investment, you do it.”
It’s a pretty exciting thought, don’t you agree?
As a self-proclaimed planning geek, I know that planning is indeed my superpower.
It’s how I manage to manage my life as a busy mum, female entrepreneur, wife, sister and friend. It’s how I ensure I reach my goals without ever reaching burnout whilst also finding the time to live my life to the full.
That’s why I couldn’t wait to invite Alegre Ramos, expert planning coach, homeschooling mum and owner of three businesses including Beyond Your Wildest Dreams (as co-founder) to the virtual couch to share her wisdom.
She knows first-hand that ‘traditional’ planning hacks don’t always work for us women. We often don’t have those ‘chunks’ of time when we can focus uninterrupted and tick stuff off our ‘to do’ list.
Besides, we often don’t have that time to do stuff we want including getting our nails done, taking a long hot bath or just chilling in front of Netflix for a while.
But as she shares in this episode of the podcast, there is a better way. Learn the art of planning for women and you can become your most productive, effective and successful self, no matter what else is happening in your life.
Listen to this episode to discover:
- Why you can’t reach your goals unless you have a plan
- The vital role that course correction plays in launching and running any project
- How to balance all the demands in your life and still get s*** done
- Why we should follow Benjamin Franklin’s planning techniques
- Spontaneity and why planning doesn’t kill it!
And much more!
- “Planning is the fairy dust that turns dreams into reality.”- Alegre
- “If you don't have a plan, it's probably not going to happen the way you want it to happen.” - Alegre
- “We talk about course correction all the time. You know, one of the stories that I often use is that the missions to the moon, They know WHERE they're going. They know HOW they're going. But even with that, they still have to course-correct every so many hours. Because you have to.”- Alegre
- “Take Benjamin Franklin, for example. When he was in his twenties, he didn't like who he was. He thought he drank too much. He talked too much. He didn't like the people he was socializing with. So he actually came up with a plan for how to become the man he wanted to be by identifying values and using habit trackers and then became this person.” - Alegre
Other resources mentioned
Alegre’s free gift - 3 month’s access to her course ‘Harness The Power of Planning’. Click here
More about Alegre:
Alegre Ramos is passionate about leaving a positive impact by inspiring people to live happier, healthier, and more connected lives.
Alegre has a diverse background including degrees in anthropology and business, and experience in sustainable design. An award-winning public speaker, she has over thirty years of experience in public speaking and almost twenty years as an entrepreneur.
A fourth generation entrepreneur, she splits her time teaching moms and caregivers how to prioritize and achieve their dreams through a virtual course called “Harness the Power of Planning” and speaking on topics including entrepreneurship, sustainability, and public speaking.
Connect with Alegre Ramos
About the show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 45 countries and over 600 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!
Connect with Eleshia and the community today