Episode 55 - Wellness Wednesday: 7 Tiny Things You Can Do to Take Care of YourselfMay 04, 2022
If you’re anything like most women (me included!) you often find yourself running around all day, trying to get everything done.
You have your partner or family to take care of, a household to run and let’s not forget a business that you want to launch or grow as soon as you can.
Then you collapse into bed and wish you could somehow escape and find time to relax and unwind. Or even cross your fingers and hope that you can claim extra hours in your day!!
As a busy mum, partner, carer and business owner, I get exactly where you’re coming from.
(And last time I checked, there were still only 24 hours each day!) 🤣
And I know that if I’m not careful, I’ll end up burning myself out.
If I ignore the signals, my business will suffer, my health will suffer, my feelings will suffer and more importantly, I will suffer too.
So in this episode of the podcast, I’m here to remind you that you must take care of yourself. I’m going to explain the seven ways I plan to prioritise my self-care during May so you can do the same.
- Why self-care is so important
- The no-brainer meditation you can do right now to feel better
- Why carving out time for yourself is so important
- My experience with floatation pods (and the struggle to relax)
- How we can boost our mental health with one simple lifestyle change
And much more!
- “Consider where you're giving yourself some breaks to actually breathe. Because we can't all go at a mile a minute and sometimes forget this.”
- “Just carve out some time that you can spend by yourself. I know for some people that might be really, really difficult. But even if it's like 20 minutes, half an hour, an hour, half a day…try to find some way to carve out some time doing something you really, really enjoy.”
- “Walking is just like a meditation to me. It’s so easy just to pop your AirPods or earphones in and get outside. I love looking at the different colours of the leaves, the trees that are blossoming and hearing the birds.”
- “If you have been going through anything, remember you don't have to go through it alone. There are people that you can speak to, there are professionals that you can get in contact with. And don't be afraid to lean on your friends and family at this time too.”
Other Resources Mentioned
About the Show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 45 countries and over 600 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!
Connect with Eleshia and the community today
Jenna and I on the Gold Digger podcast
When Jenna told me the date my episode was going to air, I shrieked and got to work to implement the podcast strategies she shared.