Episode 62 - 11 Lessons I Learnt On My Fertility JourneyJun 22, 2022
Getting pregnant and having a baby is much harder than we all think.
According to the UK National Health Service (NHS) website, about 84% of couples will conceive naturally within a year if they have regular unprotected sex.
This means having intercourse every two or three days for couples who have been trying to conceive for three or more years without success. Or put another way, the likelihood of getting pregnant within the next years is one in 4 (or less)
Are you as shocked by these numbers as I was when you read them? Perhaps it gives you some reassurance that if you’re struggling to get pregnant, you’re not the only one.
Infertility affected me too. I suffered from polycystic ovaries, scarring, blocked fallopian tubes AND fibroids which prevented me from having the baby I dreamed of. Then when I finally did get pregnant, I suffered a traumatic miscarriage.
As Sherry and Perry mentioned in episode 60, this journey through infertility affects all areas of our lives, including our mental health, physical health and even relationships.
But my story has a happy ending.
After investing in myself, even when it was crazy hard, I eventually fell pregnant and I’m now mum to a bouncing, energetic 3-year-old.
In this week’s episode of the podcast, I’ll be sharing some of the lessons I learned so that hopefully you can benefit too.
Listen to this episode to discover:
- How my Optimal Fertility Program certification with Integrative Women's Health Institute helped me (and why I’d do it all over again)
- Why it’s so important that you BOTH get checked out
- The truth about what was going on in my life when I tried to get pregnant
- How giving myself space to heal helped
- The ten easy things you can do to get through this journey more easily
- Why understanding your menstrual cycle is key to your fertility (and your productivity, focus and energy levels too!)
And much more!
- “You're not to blame. When I was going through challenge after challenge, I blamed myself. I really did. And I thought everything in my life was setting me up to fail. And I was asking myself so many questions, which wasn't really helping the situation.”
- “Find your support network- the people that you know are really going to hold you up when things get really intense and you just need maybe a shoulder to cry on, or maybe somebody to take you out.”
- “You're allowed to ask for explanations in simpler terms. We don't all have medical training so sometimes we need to be spoken to in simple English.”
- “I always knew that I would draw upon the experiences that I learned from the wellness industry. Start tracking everything from your cycle, your moods, your temperature, and your energy levels. This will really help you know what is going on internally.”
Other resources mentioned
About the show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 46 countries and over 600 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!
Connect with Eleshia and the community today
Jenna and I on the Gold Digger podcast
When Jenna told me the date my episode was going to air, I shrieked and got to work to implement the podcast strategies she shared.