Episode 77 - Why You Are So Much More Than What You Do with Jaime MannOct 19, 2022
Have you ever paused to consider whether all those tiny (and not so tiny) tasks that you spend your entire day doing are actually what you WANT? Whether you feel pumped about your life or just forcing yourself to get it all done because that’s what you’re supposed to be doing?
According to this week’s podcast guest and certified coach with a background in Positive Psychology, Jaime Mann, we're all really good at shutting out our own potential and limiting ourselves to thinking inside the box whilst letting our true desires pass us by.
But by shifting our mindset, letting ourselves off the hook, and asking for help, we can go about making those choices that are right for us.
It’s not going to be easy. We need to stop thinking that we ARE our jobs, businesses, or roles and instead discover what really lights us up inside.
As a busy mum, female entrepreneur and business owner, partner, friend, and carer who has overcome burnout and rediscovered the power of clarity, focus and self-care, I loved this conversation and I know you will too.
Listen to this episode to discover:
- Why letting go of the idea that we’re superwomen and asking for help can be so difficult
- What to do when you’re drowning in your workload and feeling exhausted
- How to STOP saying yes to stuff you don’t want to do and START living the life you desire
- The magic 💫 that happens when you shift your mindset and get super clear on what you really want
- Why we shouldn’t be just enduring our lives and how to reclaim joy (even with just a few moments to spare per day)
And much more! Listen below
- “‘If I'm going to be a “good mom”, I can do it all. I don't need help - I'm a great mom. This is my thing, right?’ And then you end up drowning in your own workload which is a lonely place to be.” - Jaime
- “I'm doing all the things I'm “supposed” to be doing. But I just don't feel all that pumped about my life. And what is actually isn't happening that I WANT to be happening. Some people really find it hard to even articulate that. So it takes a little bit of exploration and time to figure that out.”- Jaime
- “Sometimes it's just reframing what you “need” to be doing as a woman, as a human, as a mom, and reframing what you think about all of that. Then you realise, ‘Actually, no I don’t need to do that. It would actually make me feel a whole lot better if I stopped doing that.’” - Jaime
- “I know it's my own fear. Fear of failure, fear of judgment, you know, that sort of thing. That's very common and I don't think it's ever going to go away. But I'm okay with that. The more we can embrace it and say ‘It’s OK to be scared and it’s going to be OK’, the better our lives can become” - Jaime
Other resources mentioned
Jaime is a partner in a commercial construction company and has a background in human resources and leadership. Her passion is positive psychology and personal development, which is why she started her coaching practice.
Connect with Jaime Mann
About the show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 45 countries and over 600 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!
Connect with Eleshia and the community today