Episode 87 - Tips for Establishing Healthy Sleep Habits with Kids with Leann LatusJan 11, 2023
If you’re the parent of a baby, toddler or young child, you’ll know just how tricky it can be to help your child sleep well and for you to get the sleep you need.
We know that we’re almost certain to feel like sleep-deprived zombies when they’re tiny. After all, waking up for those endless nighttime feeds and nappy changes is part of the territory.
But for many, the issue can continue well beyond the infant stage and into toddlerhood and feel like it’s never going to end.
For some unlucky parents (ME!) their child used to be a good sleeper but then starts to fight against nap times and bedtimes and comes flying into bed in the early hours of the morning.
You don’t need me to tell you that being the parent, partner, friend or business owner that you want to be can be extremely challenging when you’re sleep deprived. Not to mention the effect that it can have on your mental and physical health.
Thankfully, it doesn’t have to be like this. According to this week’s podcast guest, sleep coach Leann Latus, we can solve our children’s sleep problems, whatever their age, by making those essential changes so that the whole family is sleeping better.
I’ll be honest- my chat with Leann happened exactly when I needed it. I was struggling with an energetic 3-year-old who had far better things to do than get the rest she needed! She made a huge difference to my family and I know she will to yours.
Listen to this episode to discover:
- The SIMPLE + fast trick that can help you get your child to sleep faster (and sleep longer) in just a couple of days
- Why even ‘good sleepers’ can often struggle with bedtime or wake up early when they get older 🛏
- What’s completely normal when it comes to your baby, toddler or child's sleep habits /patterns and what’s absolutely not
- Why you need to solve your children’s sleep problems ASAP and ask for help if you need it 🥰
And much more! Listen below 👇
- “Challenges come up because the kiddos all of a sudden realise either ‘Wow, I've got some freedom and I can get outta my bed and do whatever I want,’ or ‘This is actually kinda scary. I don't feel as secure. The freedom was fun, to begin with, but now I'm not quite sure how I feel”- Leann
- “That's the whole reason why I love having these conversations- because we are not alone! We’re a community. The more we start to talk about this and normalise these things, the better we’re all going to be. Then we can begin to recognize our own goals and desires and know that we are important as well! - Eleshia
- “You can sleep train a baby and it will buy you years of successful sleeping. There might be something else that develops as they get older that creates a new issue. Like her age. She doesn't wanna go to bed, she doesn't wanna miss out on all the fun of being with you.” -Leann
- “That's big for me…‘Is she sleeping?’, ‘Is she breathing?’, ‘Have I wrapped her up too much?’, ‘Are those things breathable?’ - Eleshia
About Leann Latus:
Leann is a nationally certified infant & child sleep coach who helps exhausted and overwhelmed parents teach their child to sleep easily and independently. She provides compassionate sleep strategies that help the whole family sleep again and get back freedom to do the things they love.
After experiencing challenges of her own both during the postpartum period and in combating her own son’s sleep challenges, Leann made a major change in her career in 2011 so she could focus solely on helping other families in similar situations.
As an infant & child sleep coach and the Founder of Tender Transitions, Leann works closely with a family to help them improve their children’s sleep habits. Common sleep associations such as movement (rocking, bouncing), sucking (breast/bottle feeding, pacifiers), and parental reliance (cosleeping, staying with toddler until asleep) are replaced with independent sleep skills. These skills allow a child to be in charge of their own sleep so parents can also get the sleep they so desperately need. Leann provides knowledge and research, encouragement, support, and guidance through customized coaching for each family; and is by the parent’s side every step of the way.
Leann received her postpartum doula certification through DONA International and is licensed by the Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice as a certified lactation counselor. She also completed an extensive Sleep Sense training program in 2011 with one of the world’s most respected child sleep authorities, Dana Obleman, and has helped over 1,000 families sleep better. Leann is married and the mom of two beautiful boys who sleep excellent because of the Sleep Sense program.
Visit www.tendertransitionsmn.com to download a copy of The Five Steps to Getting Your Child to Sleep Through the Night. You can also schedule a complimentary Let’s Get Acquainted phone call to discuss your baby or child’s sleep habits.
Connect with Leann Latus
- Get $100 off the online Newborn Sleep Success Toolkit by typing in CELEBRATE100 at the checkout.
- Get your free guide ‘The 5 Steps to Getting Your Child To Sleep Through The Night’
About the show:
Need simple strategies to help you grow your business and achieve more without working harder? Struggling to balance work, life, and all your other commitments and don’t want to burn out? You’re in the right place.
The Eleshia Show is a holistic business and lifestyle strategy podcast to help you get clear on your business goals, stop procrastinating, boost your income, and do what lights you up.
Women are taking notice! We have listeners across 51 countries and over 770 cities! We’re teaching female business owners across the world how to achieve more with less while looking after themselves. And we can do the same for you!
We’re having intimate conversations — the kinds that most female business owners are having privately. You don’t want to miss these.
Tune in to the podcast every Wednesday to discover exactly what expert CEOs did to get their businesses off the ground and achieve success so you can do the same!
With your host, Eleshia Harris, business coach and growth strategist, you can redefine what success means, ditch the stress and confusion and learn how to run your business from a place of ease and excitement.
If you want to talk business, wellbeing, lifestyle, mindset, goals, and scaling organic growth, don’t miss it!
Shift your mindset and grow your business with me
⭐ Connect with Eleshia & the community on social media. Visit her Website or follow her on Instagram, LinkedIn or Pinterest
⭐ Get access to the free 3-part video series ‘How to Beat Overwhelm’ here
⭐ Schedule a FREE 30-minute chat with me here.
⭐ Sign up for my Simplify Your Business Goals to get more productive, efficient and focused than you ever thought possible here.
⭐ Join The Eleshia Show Podcast Chats here